Recipe: Virgin Vegan Eggnog
(Makes 6 servings)
There are few holiday drinks yummier than eggnog. But between the raw eggs, milk, sugar, and rum, there are also few drinks more caloric. So we’ve come up with a healthy, cruelty-free take on this classic drink—and we’ve done it without the aid of additive- and preservative-loaded, pre-made faux milks. It’s a great way to put some ho-ho-ho in your holiday party and still be able to drive-drive-drive home.
(And, yes, you can put Shakeology® in it if you want to.)
- 4 cups raw almonds
- Filtered water for soaking nuts
- 8 cups filtered water
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1-1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. rum extract (or to taste)**
- Soak almonds overnight in water.
- Rinse and drain soaked almonds.
- Place soaked almonds and 6 cups of filtered water in blender or food processor (may need to do in 2 batches). Blend on highest speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Strain milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth; discard solids.*
- Place almond milk back into blender; add almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Blend for 30 seconds; pour into large pitcher with cover.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- *Solids can be dried out in the oven at a low temperature (225° F) and used as almond flour in baking recipes.
- **You can hold off on the rum extract if you think the kids won’t like it, and then add a few drops to your individual glass of eggnog.
- Vegan eggnog can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
|149||8g||0 g||0 mg||150 mg||16 g||2 g||13 g||4 g|
If you’d like to ask a question or comment on this newsletter article, just email us at mailbag@TeamBeachbody.com.
Body Beast™ and P90X®/P90X2® Portion Information
Body Beast Nutritional Information:
P90X/P90X2 Nutritional Information: